[thelist] value attribute size limit?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 22:14:14 CDT 2003

--- rudy <rudy937 at rogers.com> wrote:
> what kind of web page requires hundreds and hundreds of hidden
> fields? just curious
>
> i mean, i see an elephant walking down my street on twenty-three
> legs, i'm gonna want a closer look

LOL. Yeah.. I couldn't explain anything meaningful to you since an
NDA prohibits me from saying much. The long and the short of it is
they are doing lots of stuff on the client side to avoid trips to the
server/db. I don't say I agree with everything, but I'm a whipping
boy, not the boss. I put my .02 when I can.

As always in such cases, you begin looking for unusual solutions to
unusual problems...

Thanks for the tip Joshua too!

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward