[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 6, Issue 71

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 20:57:07 CDT 2003

Maybe you should fire the function onmouseup on the textarea. You'll
have to make some other adjustments, like separate the acquiring of the
selection content (do that onmouseup) and the firing of an action (do
that when the button is clicked).

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 10:48 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> My problem now is that if I select some text in a text box and then
> click
> on a button outside the text box in Mozilla the text is unselected
> (due to
> my selection of the button). This is preventing me from running the
> code to
> process the selection as the act of hitting the button cancels the
> selection I want to use :(

Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.