[thelist] PHP LPT1 Question

Tanner Burson tanner at younet.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 3 03:10:14 CDT 2003

I've got a little side project I'm working on involving some custom
hardware plugged into the printer port (LPT1).  In a fit of sheer
madness I've decided to attempt to write the software for this thing in
php (yes i know, its nuts).

Okay now for the real question, is it possible to send single bytes of
data to the printer port with php?  From my testing thus far i've been
able to send entire strings, but i don't have the equipment setup to
test sending a single byte.  Anyone have any thoughts? ideas?

Tanner Burson