[thelist] Choosing a CMS / blog software?

NM Lists mlists at paris.monnet.biz
Thu Sep 4 10:47:21 CDT 2003

Le Thu 04/09/2003 à 16:36, Boris Mann a écrit :

> These are largely technical desires. You haven't mentioned what you
> want the software to actually do -- e.g. integrated image uploading and
> thumb-nailing, moderation, event module, category system, etc. etc.

Well, yeah, indeed, the thing is, as long as the thing is open enough
and written in a language I can grok (in order of preference, Perl,
XSLT, PHP, Python), I can add the stuff I need. In fact I had begun to
write such a thing myself, but considering it's been done a few hundred
times by other people already, I figured I could reuse something.

My needs are quite simple, I did'nt describe precisely because I was
more looking for a sort of comparative article or something. This has to
exist, somewhere!

> My vote goes to Drupal (http://www.drupal.org). Yes, that link in my
> sig uses it. The one thing from your technical list that it doesn't
> cover is XML standards (shudder).

Gonna have a look. I already have tools and content based on XSLT, so
that's why I favor the XML approach. But why not.