[thelist] Liquid help

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 13:43:21 CDT 2003

Hiya

I'm happy with liquid design, I think, but I've always had a bit of
trouble with how images work if the design is liquid.

Take a look at this: http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/liquid/index.html.

The easy bit, the table, is liquid, but the images are rock solid because
of the way I've done it.

Ideally, as the screen becomes smaller, the images should overlap more,
except for the logo of course.

And I wonder, should I just build long lozenges of image so that no matter
how much or how little they overlap there's never any gap, or can I find
out what size people's screens are and use server side code (I'll be using
Java/JSP here) to throw sufficient pics out to cover the area.

All ideas/opinions welcome.

Cheers

PS. Also, I couldn't seem to get rid of lines in my tables without using
cellpadding/spacing=0. I think I'm having a stupid day, but I'd have
thought no padding, margin or border in the stylesheet would have sorted
that.