[thelist] Simple JavaScript not working in Mozilla

shortestpath shortestpath at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 22:05:32 CDT 2003

from the way you're using element.className, the function
classChange expect element to be an element (or reference
to an element).

But classChange(caption,'visible') doesn't mean you are
actually doing that. What you need is:
classChange(document.getElementById('caption'),'visible')

Likewise in the onmouseout.
-alex

--- Andy Warwick <mailing.lists at creed.co.uk> wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to set up a really simple rollover reveal of a div, using
the following code:

onmouseout="classChange(caption,'hidden')">
Rollover

<script type="text/javascript">
	function classChange( element, newclass )
	{
		element.className = newclass ;
	}
</script>

	.hidden { visibility: hidden;  }
	.visible { visibility: visible; }

Works fine in IE (Mac and PC), Safari, but fails in Mozilla and related

browsers.

I must be missing something *really* obvious, but I can't see what...

All help gratefully received.

--
Andy Warwick
Creed New Media Design