[thelist] Liquid help

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 02:44:40 CDT 2003

> what happens if they resize the browser window?  *grin*

Well, exactly :-) And I was kinda thrown by someone a few weeks ago on
here who said "I use Mac and my windows are never full screen", which is
kinda obvious but I hadn't quite grasped it.

> if you want the image to slowly overlap each other more and more, that's
> going to be pretty tricky.  what i'd suggest is making a single image
> that can tile and apply that as a background image.

Well, the idea is that those images are chosen randomly from a stock, so
the visitor always sees a different mix of images. The downside is they're
probably not in cache, but I still like the idea. Oh, that means I want to
keep them separate rather than mix them into one image, but I'll keep the
idea for backup if I can't get this to work.

Another possibility might be Flash, I don't know if that gives me anything
extra, but I really don't wanna go there if I can help it.

> no, to sort boundaries between cells (cellspacing), you need to set the
> border-collapse property to collapse:
>
> border-collapse: collapse;

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I looked it up in the O'Reilly HTML & XHTML book but
didn't quite reach that, thanks.