[thelist] best way to store pictures

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Sep 5 11:53:29 CDT 2003

Hi.

Yeah so I thought I would zip up 52 megs of pictures to start archiving
the pictures I take. To my dismay (and even before I started zipping I
suspected I wouldn't see great results) the zip itself was 50 megs. A
savings of 1.9 megs!!

I guess it turns out that because jpg's are already compressed they
can't be compressed much more. Is there any way to get around this?

For all you people that take a lot of pictures, how do you archive them
while saving space at the same time? (Hopefully that's not an oxymoron.)

Thanks,
Chris.