[thelist] photoshop blending

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 17:51:32 CDT 2003

> From: "Andrew" <andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk>
[...]
> I am playing around with an image and am trying to get the middle
> portion of an image to blend/fade at the edges.
[...]
> out the middle.  It would be nice to have the full picture with the
> middle faded or just blended leaving white?

ok, you have a few options... i'll offer one... you have to play with
the numbers to achieve the effect you want...

1. draw a box where you want the text using the marquee tool...

2. feather the edges or switch to quickmask mode and guassian
blur it a bit... play around with the numbers... you'll probably do this
more than once...

3. make a new layer above your photo...

4. fill your selection with white...

dig?