[thelist] Linux, Apache, php Help Please

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Sep 9 13:48:07 CDT 2003

At 08:54 AM 9/9/2003, Ron Dorman wrote:
>Thanks Jay.  Actually had to add it.  Having other problems with sessions
>accessing the "tmp" directory for session data and my mysql and mssql
>extensions are not available.  The .so files didn't get installed. I think
>I may need to re-compile php.
>
>Any other thoughts appreciated.

Don't forget to install the development tools part of mySQL. That has all
the headers and libraries you can link to.

My recommendation with RH 9 is to install all the mySQL parts via RPM, and
hand compile Apache as DSO, any mods you need and PHP.

--
Anthony Baratta
President