[thelist] Linux, Apache, php Help Please

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Sep 9 22:30:31 CDT 2003

>Also tarball installed freetds to get mssql native access from php to a
>Win2K with SQL 8 server on the intranet. Initial tests show the php-mssql
>functions to be available. Seems to be a neat, easy (with in reason) way
>to get inter-platform data in a mixed platform invironment.

FreeTDS is very cool.

My biggest complaint with RedHat 9 is that they are very behind with PHP
and Apache RPMs. There do not appear to be any RPMs for the latest versions
anywhere. I searched update.redhat.com and several RPM finder sites.

Just finishing up a qMail/vPopMail/SquirrelMail (ClamAV/Spam
Assassin/Bayseian Filtering) install on my new RH 9 box. ;-)

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys