[thelist] Where's a good forum for CDO.Message support?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Sep 12 08:39:37 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Carter" <sam at nativeintelligence.com>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 9:09 AM

Sam,

This is a great forum for all things web.  CDO qualifies.  After a bit of
poking around I just found your original question.  I think nobody answered
because your question was not properly worded.  I, for one, skip posts that
have a mass of code at the top with the question buried somewhere down
below.

It seems that your question is regarding some odd behavior when using the
.GetDecodedContentStream object to inject the body of the email into the
message.

How do you know that Stm.WriteText strBody writes only up to the first CR?
Are you determining that by looking at the generated email or are you
determining that by regrabbing the content from the stream and reviewing its
contents.

That being said you may try changing the ContentTransferEncoding  to cdo8bit
or "8bit:"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_ibodypart_contenttransferencoding.asp?frame=true

According to MS the 8bit includes line termination characters.

HTH,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.