[thelist] counting frequency of distinct values in MSSQL

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Sep 13 16:40:33 CDT 2003

From: "Joel D Canfield" <joel at spinhead.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 3:31 PM

> > How about COUNT(DISTINCT blah)

> only returns the number of distinct values, not the number of *EACH*
> distinct value; thanks, though

spin,

You sure are right.  I misread your question, big time.  Right solution,
wrong question.  :-)

Sorry about the wasted bandwidth.

<tip type="Worms" author="Joshua Olson">
When a client asks me to what type of attachments to not open I give them a
cheat sheet that contains the following:

PIF
SCR
VBS
EXE
DLL
BAT

I tell them that if the attachments file has any of those words in it to
delete it and consider it a virus.  So far so good... none of my clients
have contracted anything (except the one that didn't follow the directions
and called me 30 seconds later feeling really guilty).

The following link has another list of extensions to avoid.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290497
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer