[thelist] xhtml + custom tags

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Sep 13 19:37:38 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nemesis" <nemesis at nemesis1.f2o.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 8:20 PM

> Since you required to serve it as application/xhtml+xml would that not
> take mime type text/html out of the picture. what would be the use of
> requiring application/xhtml+xml if you are going to really serve it a
html?

Gary,

Pardon my ignorance (I really and truly just don't understand what you
mean), but what rules govern what file extension may be used.  Referring
back to your original statement:

"If that you do that you would need to run the proper mime type xml+xhtml
and extension."

What extension are you talking about.  The .xhtml file extension?  Why is
that important?  Why could one not keep using the .html extension?

IE chokes on the following link because of the xhtml file extension:

http://home1.gte.net/res1hvtm/index.xhtml

So, my suggestion is to simply not use that extension.  Again, is there a
standard that says you must use the "proper" extension of .xhtml?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com