[thelist] Weird IE6 Hijacking

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 07:12:02 CDT 2003

Hi.

I had a similar problem not long ago. BHOD and Spybot
were unable to solve it. They couldn't even identify
the creature that was behind the mess.

Try this.

1. Download Hijack This (it will create a scan log of
your system).

2. Run the scan, create a log, save it and copy it to
the clipboard.

3. Go to http://boards.cexx.org/viewforum.php?f=1.
It's a spyware help forum.

4. Bookmark the page, so you can get back when you
need to.

5. Open a ticket there and request help - describing
the problem AND pasting in your HijackIt scan log
(properly identified) at the end of your message.

6. Keep checking for answers.

My problem was solved completely - along with a couple
of others I hadn't asked about - when one of their
kind-hearted, volunteer experts posted an answer with
detailed instructions. It only took a couple of hours
to get the problem solved.

I think everyone reading this should bookmark the
above URL's...just in case.

Good luck.

David

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip