[thelist] other browsers [was Weird IE6 Hijacking]

Tue Sep 16 10:56:09 CDT 2003

Tom started a new thread and wrote:
> I have to admit [etc. etc.]

Make that useless, pointless, redundant and boring! Sorry Tom, you make some
good points, but I for one don't need my inbox clogged with yet another
discussion of browser pros & cons.

--Chris.

<tip type="Dreamweaver">
To set up a staging server in DW, duplicate your existing website folder and
create a new site with its remote location (and testing server) set to the
original folder. Make your edits on the newly-created site and you can
upload & test away without affecting the live server. When ready to publish,
do this from the original site. Unfortunately, the rudimentary check
in/check feature out only works in one direction (checking files out from
the original site doesn't prevent changes being made directly on the
original folder.)
</tip>