[thelist] [php] globals q [solved]

kris burford kris at midtempo.net
Thu Sep 18 08:18:22 CDT 2003

>hi all,
>
>i've an old php upload script that i'm updating and, because i'm now
>working with globals turned off, i'm struggling to make it work.
>
>could someone please point me in the right direction?
>[snip code stuff]

24 hours later...

well, worked out the $_FILES methodology, but it still wasn't working - it
wouldn't give me any variables at all.

so, finally went back to the original form and discovered that i'd
neglected to include enctype="multipart/form-data", which sorted all my
problems...

(i'd make this a tip, but it seems that it's already there a number of times!)