[thelist] Removing Microsoft Word special characters

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:23:57 CDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:23:31 -0400, Hershel Robinson
<hershelr at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> I happen to also be a user and a fan of UltraEdit, but let's not get
> carried away. There is also this nifty little tool on my Windoze box
> called Notepad. Using Notepad, I could select the character, copy and
> paste into the Replace box and Replace All.

I wasn't thinking that this would be a selling point of UE, just that UE
made it easy.  If anyone would like to know more about why use UE, feel
free to ask.

Notepad, as nearly everyone knows, is terrible.  I just assumed people
would look for a better tool.

> What would be a demonstration of the value of UltraEdit, and also a more
> useful answer to the original question, would be an UltraEdit macro that
> would replace all of these characters with acceptable substitutes.

That would be handy, but I'm not sure how to do it.  Will check.

TjL

--
Flash, Pop Up Windows, Animated Gifs... what did I miss?
"Most Annoying Things on the Web" @