[thelist] Advisablitity of SSI

Carl Edwards edwards at vitesse.com
Thu Sep 18 13:31:53 CDT 2003

Hello,

I use SSI exactly as you thought, a simple example
of press.shtml might be:

<!--#include virtual="/common/header.inc.html" -->
<title>page specific title</title>
</head>
<!--#include virtual="/common/navigation.inc.shtml" -->
<!--#include virtual="press.inc.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/common/footer.inc.html" -->

Of course the actual page HTML is more complicated and
as it got so I now wish I would have used templates.

I also mix PHP freely with this on our Apache server so
the same files can be used in scripts as well:

<?php
   include 'shared.inc.php';
   virtual("/common/header.inc.html");
   echo "<title>$pgtitle</title>\n";