[thelist] Your top timesaving tips?

Tim Burgan burgan at iprimus.com.au
Thu Sep 18 21:10:31 CDT 2003

----- Replied Message -----
From: "Shawn K. Quinn"
:
: Authoring HTML and CSS are not programming any more than
writing a text
: file would be considered programming. Now, OTOH, Perl, C,
assembler,
: Java, Javascript, etc. are programming languages.

I think this Hershel Robinson understands this, and that why the
point was made in their original reply to say:

  :  And if you are a fine computer programmer ( *including*
XHTML
  :  strict, CSS-based layout etc.) but a completely incompetent
  :  graphic designer?
  My emphasis added.

XHTML & CSS are included here with programming because the
"coding" of a web page is being spoken about as apposed to the
graphical appearance.

But, yes I do agree that programming is separate from mark-up.

Well... that's my Two Bob's worth for the day.

I'm off...
Tim Burgan