[thelist] Removing Microsoft Word special characters

Bird, Graham Graham.Bird at rspb.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 02:50:42 CDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the tips on copy and paste but I can see now that didn't explain
myself properly. I need to strip the characters without using an
intermediate application. I want to clean the copy at the server-side and
present the cleaned copy as HTML. We are using an ASP based CMS.

I cannot find the character codes to match on (in VBScript) in order to
strip Word smart quotes, m-dashes, ellipses, etc.

Again, apologies for the lack of specifics. Should know better.

Cheers,

Graham