[thelist] Advisablitity of SSI

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Fri Sep 19 16:28:25 CDT 2003

Maisha Walker wrote:
> I've also heard rumors about security problems with SSI - anyone have any
> thoughts refuting or validating this concern?

Well, a misconfigured server, or the wrong permissions on files could
certainly be a security concern.

But for web hosting providers that know what they're doing, I don't
think there are any inherent security risks.

Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

 > That said, I found it much easier to find a host that supported PHP than
 > SSI so I just started doing my includes that way.

Again, I would think most providers offering *nix/Apache hosting have no
problem offering SSI...

Pete