[thelist] OOP Validation Classes in PHP

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Mon Sep 22 08:40:40 CDT 2003

Jay Blanchard Wrote:

> One thing to note, you seem to have developed several seperate
> classes for a singular object.

Yes, I'm doing that for a reason. There will be several superclasses
that would need access to the subclasses that I listed, so I need things
broken down into smaller chunks. Otherwide, I lose the value of reuse.

And, FWIW, most of the stuff that particular Google search turns up are
basic topics on Classes, Methods, etc. There is no real /meat/ to them.
Those basic topics are covered enough in the O'Reilly books. When I
started writing the classes, I was looking for more specific answers,
such as how to pass the value of one method to another method in the
same class, or in another class.

But, thanks for the pointers, Jay!