[thelist] link borders on a MAC

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Mon Sep 22 09:28:05 CDT 2003

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 05:03  PM, Maisha Walker wrote:

> When you look at it on a PC none of the links have borders around
> them when you click on them.  But on a MAC, the borders appear
> when you click on the links. This is a problem because it really
> interferes with the contiuous/flash smoothness feeling of the site.
>
> I have already set the borders to 0 is there any other way to get rid
> of those link borders on a MAC??
>
> Here's the site - of course, you'll only see the link borders if you're
> using a MAC and if you click on something: www.leifparsons.com.

Those big ugly borders are a "feature" that is part of IE5 Mac. (both X
and 9) No other Mac browser has that behavior. I hate it too. But then
again I *almost* never use IE Mac. The only time I use IE is when I
test for Windows performance of a web site or when some stupid web
developer has made a site that only works in IE (really a pain)
otherwise it would be gone from my Mac.

There is a code fix for that but it used to cause screwiness in NN and
other Mozilla browsers. ( I just tested it, doesn't seem to now)

you would code your links like so:

HTH,

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity