[thelist] Search engine positioning, daily content

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Sep 23 09:08:36 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <john at johnallsopp.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 8:25 AM

> Hi
>
> A couple of people said on this list that updating your website content
> regularly was a key to getting a good search engine position.
>
> Is the idea to submit to the search engines every day then, or is there
> some other magic that allows search engines to sense that you're updating
> every day?
>
> And even then, I still wouldn't understand why daily updates would make
> you appear higher up the list .. is there any reason for it?

Most search engines will reindex your site on a schedule.  It's not so much
the *daily* content so much as it's the fact that your site is getting
additional content between indexes.  The page-a-day rule is just a simple
way to make it seem less overwelming to keep the site growing in content.

More clear?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.