[thelist] Sorting with SQL

Ken Moore cor412 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:29:19 CDT 2003

Hi all,

As a database programmerof 20 years, this is what I would do. I would modify
the table structure to isolate the item or items that will be used in
sorting and selecting. Otheriwse, you will constantly be rigging schemes to
make it work.

Using substring functions etc. will work but they are difficult and very
slow.

Ken - Who has made that mistake too many times