[thelist] more firewall

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 01:36:41 CDT 2003

Oh, I have an Actiontec GEU004AD9-01 USB/Ethernet DSL modem that's
supposed to include a firewall but I probably don't know enough about it
to know whether that's fully protecting me or not.

Yes, I have read the manual, and it didn't really mention a firewall,
although it was sold to me with one. I guess it could work on the basis
that it blocks everything except what you ask it to pass, so the default
position is that nothing gets through barring web pages.

?

All help appreciated as always.