[thelist] Dublin Core Metadata Initiative

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 09:20:23 CDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:58:29 -0600, Tony Grimes <lists at tonygrimes.com>
wrote:

> A client just asked me if I could move their website over to the Dublin
> Core
> standard. Support was negligible when I first heard about DC a few years
> ago, so I forgot about it.
>
> Do any of you know if support has increased at all? Since my client is
> heavily involved with XML, I'd like to try supporting it, but I don't see
> any point if there isn't any software out there to use the information.
>
> Right now I don't really see the benefit, except for maybe the marketing
> hype we can put in the brochure.
>
> What do you guys think? Are any of you using DC?
>
> Tony

The metadata on http://torbytes.co.uk can be mapped to the DC initiative
(test xml items here: http://www.torbytes.co.uk/op/xml)
  in order to meet the upcoming harvesting of metadata by NOF - digitise
(under which scheme some 50 image digitisation projects have been underway
for a year now)

more on NOF - digitise:
http://www.enrichuk.net/

and the harvesting of metadata project:
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/nof/support/help/papers/oai-pmh/

hth

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923