[thelist] thinking of getting new mac

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Sep 25 11:09:18 CDT 2003

Boris Mann <mailto:boris at bmannconsulting.com>
    on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 11:51 PM said:

> I think you're thinking of .Mac. I believe that price includes some
> sort of anti-virus: http://www.mac.com/1/iTour/tour_antivirus.html
> (but you can purchase it separately as well).

Yes, you are right. *That* is where I saw the Virex listing. I thought
saw it bundled with the Mac itself, but obviously not. I don't think I
would have found it again if you hadn't said something.

> As mentioned, OS X has pretty much everything built-in to "integrate"
> with the Windows environment. VPC is, however, useful if you want to
> have Windows98 - XP installed with a double handful of browsers for
> testing.

I'm just trying to decide if we should invest in Office X Professional
or Standard. I think we'll just go with Standard and save a little
money.

Thanks,
Chris.