[thelist] PDF Generation Software

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Thu Sep 25 18:07:14 CDT 2003

David,

> We are in the process of evaluating web based PDF generation components.
> The environment is IIS/ASP, does anyone have any recommendations?

I have worked with two:

ActivePDF [1] - By dint of widespread advertising, this is probably the
most-commonly used PDF-generating component. I personally didn't care for it
much, but I haven't tried it in a few years so I can't comment on the
current product.

PDFlib [2] - We use this in production now on a corporate Intranet. Very
reliable. Although a little more difficult to use than ActivePDF, I
personally prefer PDFlib.

1. http://www.activepdf.com/
2. http://www.pdflib.com/

James Aylard