[thelist] [javascript] referencing an iframe from a child window

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Mon Sep 29 17:29:30 CDT 2003

'Volters, I want to reference an iframe in a parent window from a
function in a child window.

I can reference the DOM of the parent window fine using things like
window.parent.document .. but from what I can see an Iframe is treated
as a seperate document to the document it is contained in.
I can reference it from the parent document (by using it's id) but don't
seem to be able to do the same from the child window.
Can anyone give me any pointers on how to reference it?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com
Phone: 64 4 237 4557