[thelist] ASP.NET: accessing the style of the pageinserver-sidecode?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Sep 30 14:02:20 CDT 2003

Jason Handby noted:

>>Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I want to change the stylesheet that's
>>actually being served. I'm trying to add ".noprint { display:none; }"
>>if the page is being loaded in "printer-friendly" mode (as determined
>>by my server-side code).

Hi Jason,

Another approach might be to change the stylesheet that's actually
being served ... at the file level.

It sounds like your server-side code already determines which sheet
should be used ... throw in a routine to 'copy-file' and overwrite
the css file that actually gets served up.

HTH,

RonL.
(Who doesn't want to talk about the caching issues that this could
cause ... but under the right circumstances it could be one approach
to consider.)