[thelist] CSS hyperlink question.

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Wed Oct 1 04:45:15 CDT 2003

Tom van Gemert wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to have a tekst link wich changes
> color on hover, and then when it is clicked it has to stay that color
> (until another one is clicked)?

Hi Tom

it's not clear how you're using your text link, but:

if the link doesn't load a whole new page because its target is in
another frame, or because the link calls a Javascript routine rather
than a page request, then you could try making the a:hover and a:active
colours to be the same.

if the link loads a fresh page, you'd probably need to use a script to
determine the class selector of the text link and style it accordingly.

hth

joe