[thelist] MIDI to wav

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Oct 1 09:52:01 CDT 2003

[snip]
I want to use a short snippet of a tune at a key point in a Powerpoint
Presentation. Currently it's a MIDI file and I can invoke Windows Media
player to play it but it's clumsy and very obvious. If I could convert
it
to a .wav file and restrict it to just the opening phrase it would have
the desired effect.

Anybody know a handy free package that I could download to achieve this?
[/snip]

You actually have to record the MIDI being played and then convert the
sound file to WAV. There is no way to convert MIDI to WAV directly.