[thelist] MIDI to wav

Nan Harbison nansmith at heritageconcord.org
Wed Oct 1 10:34:10 CDT 2003

What about using Goldwave? http://www.goldwave.com/ It is
free up to a certain point.
I use it to convert stuff, but I don't anything about MIDI
conversion to WAV.
Nan

[snip]
You actually have to record the MIDI being played and then
convert the
sound file to WAV. There is no way to convert MIDI to WAV
directly.
[/snip]

[snip][snip]
I want to use a short snippet of a tune at a key point in
a Powerpoint
Presentation. Currently it's a MIDI file and I can invoke
Windows Media
player to play it but it's clumsy and very obvious. If I
could convert
it
to a .wav file and restrict it to just the opening phrase
it would have
the desired effect.

Anybody know a handy free package that I could download to
achieve this?
[/snip][/snip]