[thelist] tomcat config - regexp in url-pattern?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Oct 2 12:24:21 CDT 2003

Sam-I-Am wrote:

> I have a <servlet-mapping> block, and want to map my servlet to handle
> directory indexes only e.g.
>     http://localhost/context/dir/
>     http://localhost/context/dir/?param=value
> but let another servlet handle
>     http://localhost/context/dir/anyfilename.html
>
> I've gone through the docs and it looks like the syntax I can have
> inside a url-pattern is limited to prefixes and wildcards (e.g /dir/* )
> So I'm not sure how to map the above.

Yeah, the Specification of Mappings (Servlet 2.3 section 11.2) is
pretty constrained. I think your only option is to have the primary
servlet take everything (/dir/*) and then use a RequestDispatcher
to pass on the request to the other servlet(s) based on whatever's
returned by request.getPathInfo().

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.