[thelist] Knoppix "Linux on CD:" Write to hard drive safely?

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Fri Oct 3 22:58:56 CDT 2003

I just got my Knoppix disk in the mail today. It boots fine on my Dell,
which normally runs WinME.

http://www.knoppix.net/

I've no idea if I can save files to the hard drive safely. I've read as
much of the introductory material as I can find online,  but can't find
anything that clearly states that it is okay or a really bad idea to
actually use the hard drive. There is one mention of saving files to
floppies, so I'm suspecting that saving to disk is not good.

Can anyone of you enlighten me?

-Jorah