[thelist] scrollable content problems, especially in Netscape

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Oct 4 08:56:21 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Willison" <cs1spw at bath.ac.uk>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 5:57 AM

> Jeff Howden wrote:
> > * long list of reasons why scrollable content javascript is a bad idea

> j) Scrollable content can't be printed

I agree with all but this one.  Not-so creative use of CSS can fix this
issue.

> k) Copying and pasting scrollable content can only be accomplished a
> page at a time

Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Go open a new document, Ctrl-V, Delete unnecessary stuff.

Actually, I tested this by pasting into a new text email.  Here's the
results:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 © Koolfish Web Design 2000 - 2003
Last updated September 2003

September 28th 2003

Well, it's the end of September again, which can only mean two things,
Frosty's birthday and the fact that the website has shamefully not been
updated again for a fair few months!

I must admit i had been putting it off because the site needed a bit of a
revamp and that always takes so much longer. Anyhow, here is the new front
page and i have also added a new section for Joe. Thought it would be best
to give Joe his own page otherwise the photo section is nearly all about
him! You can then catch up on what Joe is up to and also meet some of his
mates.

The photo section is quite large seen as i let it all get a bit backed up,
so head on over there to see pics of our trip to England, trip to Bangkok
and the recent visitors to Singapore.

Birdie

That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

Joshua Olson