[thelist] Web Development -- Presentation vs. Content

M.G. Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Thu Oct 9 10:01:49 CDT 2003

El jue, 09-10-2003 a las 16:08, SBeam escribió:
> On Wednesday 08 October 2003 09:55 pm, bruce wrote:
> > separate the Presentation/Layout from the Content. IE. if I create a site
> > that has a lot of JScript/PHP/MySql as well as content. What have you used
> > to create the app, such that a person can later go in and change the
> > content without impacting the presentation layer....
>
> have you looked at Smarty?
>
> http://smarty.php.net/
>
> Some people don't see the point as it adds an 'extra' layer of programming
> language to learn - but smart smarty users don't do anything complicated in
> the template,

+1

I always find amusing when i hear people complaining that Smarty lets
them do 'too many things' Uh, don't do them, dude :-) My templates
always are as logic-free as possible and the ocasional {if} is still
much better than intermingled php. Just because it's in the docs, it
doesn't mean you're forced to use it. Or does it? ;)
--
Manuel González Noriega
Simplelógica, construcción web @ http://simplelogica.net