[thelist] learning e-commerce

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Fri Oct 10 02:10:10 CDT 2003

Arief Zaki Jumodi wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> I'm new in e-commerce stuff, so perhaps you all could show me some
> really useful e-commerce resources / link for me to learn the whole
> complete e-commerce flow. I've browsed thru google and indeed it gave me
> several sites but i'm hoping for a real resources that experts like you
> all have used before.

There is a good book by Dietel & Dietel that deals specifically with
e-commerce. I forget the exact title, but a search on Amazon should
yield some results.

> Furthermore, I would like to know whether there is a possibility for me
> to test my e-commerce apps (some sort like simulator / emulator of the
> real payment gateway, etc).
> Hope someone could shed some lights

Authorize.net allows for test transactions.  You just set your account
up in "demo" mode to test your gateway. Sorry I can't be of much help in
this area.

Best of luck

--
Burhan Khalid