[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

M.G.Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Sat Oct 11 16:33:59 CDT 2003

Mike Migurski wrote:

>Therefore,
>tables are the only reliable way to accomplish this layout task. Of
>course, the elegant/proper way to overcome this limitation is not /not/
>design things that require a flexible vertical grid to begin with
>(awareness of the limitations of the medium) but we're only a scant five
>years into destroying five centuries of good, standard design practice.
>Give it time.

FWIW, in our designs our approach is that CSS is our only tool for
presentation and therefore if it can 'only be done with layout tables',
it gains automatically the 'can't be done' status. I must add this
haven't given us any particular headache so far.

--
Manuel González Noriega
Simplelógica, construcción web @ http://simplelogica.net