[thelist] Top 10 JavaScripts

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 07:51:44 CDT 2003

--- John C Bullas <jcbullas at nildram.co.uk> wrote:

Tom Said:
> >Just my .02. Cut' n paste teaches you virtually nothing :)
>
> I would disagree
>
> I personally have NO programming background but by reading how a
> few scripts ( by working through them) ... [snip]

Ah but that is my point - you "worked through them". I don't have a
background in programming either, until I learned on my own. But cut
'n paste never taught me anything. Okay maybe not anything, but very
little. Maybe after you tore the script apart and thought about it
you learned things. But I still hold that solid programming
fundamentals will take you much farther.

I'm not saying cut n paste is bad, I'm just saying in a teaching
environment I would tend to want to give them something more solid.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward