[thelist] can I send email to a subdomain?

mike karthauser mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 07:55:10 CDT 2003

on 16/10/03 2:42 pm, Richard Bennett at richard.bennett at skynet.be wrote:

> Can we though also send email specifically to the second machine, if it has
> it's own mailserver running?
> would one IP address be enough for this?
> Does the email go to mail at support.domain.com ?

Should be no problem setting up your mailserver to do this. We have a dev
server running on a subdomain and use email in the form
mike at subdomain.brightstorm.co.uk.

As long as the server accepts traffic in on an IP address you can set it to
be as many domains as your like.

Our dev is clientname.brightstorm.co.uk, oursub.brightstorm.co.uk etc

If you are running apache it is very easy to do.

--
Mike Karthauser
Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd

Email       >> mikek at brightstorm.co.uk