[thelist] Re: site check - browser

The Lists thelists at antonakis.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 13:22:06 CDT 2003

Andrew,

West Midlands IS a county, whereas East Midlands is just an Area.

Strictly London is NOT made up of Counties. There is the 'County' of
Greater London, and there are the Counties, like Kent, Surrey etc.
Middlesex is no longer a county BTW, it was split between Surrey and
Greater London a number of years ago!

I found a great site via Google which shows all the Counties of the
United Kingdom, but I can't remember the URL I'm afraid. I think I
included the words 'Counties + Map + Clickable' as I was trying to find
a map showing all the counties. I can remember that a number of the
counties changed about 15 years ago, especially in Scotland

BTW, I notice that you list Brixton, as being in Surrey, but it's in
Greater London.

If you've created the list of counties and towns/cities in it, then may
I recommend that you have a thorough re-think about which ones you want
to include, as there are a lot of missing ones, a lot of ones shown in
the wrong country and a lot of ones which just don't make sense to
include, like Bagshot in Surrey, but not Farnham, which is much bigger!
Then again, if you've been asked to only include the ones you did, just
forget the last part :o)

Regards
Alexis