[thelist] Tricky three column issue with Footer

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 14:06:45 CDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:41:16 -0500, Scott Blanchard
<octigonuser at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This is, I would think, a common problem. Perhaps there is a consensus
> "most often used" solution.
>
> I have a 3 column layout with a footer element. The footer element must
> span across alll three columns and should fall below the longest
> vertical column.
>
> Is this possible? examples?

You could try this:

http://www.pixy.cz/blogg/clanky/css-3col-layout/

or do what I did here:
http://www.torbytes.co.uk/

and set the growing/shrinking column to height: auto; (which works in the
good browsers) and add a minimum height fixing 1 pixel gif to stop the
column going too small in IE

seems to work okay

hth

Tony

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923