[thelist] access keys

Rick [Kitty5] rick at kitty5.com
Fri Oct 17 16:59:45 CDT 2003

Dunstan Orchard wrote:
> So, I guess I'm wondering if: (a) access keys are meant to be unique;
> (b) are
> they really used very much or can I dump them; (c) am I doing more
> harm than
> good by having duplicated access keys, and ; (d) can I get away with
> giving an access key to the first field in each fieldset and then
> letting the user tab
> from there on.
>
> Any thoughts?

Personally, I will use access keys as quick shortcuts to various sections of
a site - home, contact, etc etc. For forms I would suggest sticking to
labels, place holder text and a decent tab order.

Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key