[thelist] An argument for CSS that a client can appreciate

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Oct 17 20:29:20 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris George" <cgeorge at basecorp.com>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 5:09 PM

> 3) Did you bring up the degrade-poorly argument or did the prospect?
> Because typically, unless their traffic report tells me otherwise, I
> don't even bother mentioning anymore that my site won't display properly
> in older/obscure browsers and be sure to mention it in the proposal just
> to CMA. YMMV, but it's worked for me.

Chris,

I was thinking about this last point some more.  This seems like a policy
that could have some potentially negative side-effects.  It's not my style,
but I can very much appreciate where it's better to ask forgiveness than
permission.  :-)

What has your experience been so far in regards to their reaction about the
site compatibility, using this avoidance approach.  Have the clients
typically reacted negatively, positively, or not cared one way or the other?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com