[thelist] Errors on site check after removal of pictures from remote server

Sylvia Braunstein sbraun at rugged.com
Sun Oct 19 11:20:33 CDT 2003

Hi all,

Some of my products are obsolete. In order to "remove them", I redirected
the html pages to the home page but deleted the jgs and gifs from the remote
server. The site check report gave me pages and pages of mistakes.

I thought that redirecting html was enough so that when people had bookmarks
to that page, they could be redirected to the right page. Why do I get all
these error messages (that it can't find the pictures) and why do I need to
leave the pictures there? Do I need to leave them there for ever and inflate
my website for ever?

How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Sylvia