[thelist] (OT) something keeps changing my homepage in IE 6

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Wed Oct 22 10:54:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Bird wrote:
> I have run search and destroy on my computer and it finds nothing. I
> have virus checked my machine and it is clean. It does not happen on my
> laptop using IE 5 or on my Netscape browsers. Can some one point me in
> the right direction as to how I can stop this. Is there something on my
> machine? Can I report it anywhere? Will that do any good?

Sounds like adware/spyware got into your system. The best way to remove
this is to download and install (free) AdAware at www.lavasoftusa.com ...
make sure you're using the latest definitions which you can download from
within the software. My guess is that after you scan your system and
remove the adware that it finds, the homepage won't change anymore...

Virus scanning is only half the battle...

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/