[thelist] global.asa syntax error

Christian Anderson chris at jobdragon.com
Tue Oct 28 03:08:29 CST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get my global.asa file to execute a script upon a certain
event, but I keep getting a syntax error. I've tested the script in a
regular .asp file, and it works fine, so its kinda making me wonder if you
cant have functions, or if there is a different syntax for the global.asa
file?

Here is where it chokes:

--------------
Function getAttachments()
  Set Attachments = msg.Attachments
   separator = ", "

  For i = 0 To Attachments.Count - 1
    If i = Attachments.Count - 1 Then
      separator = ""
    End If

  Set at = Attachments(i)
  at.SaveToFile( "c:\hshome\photokyo\blogzilla.jp\attachments\" & addedthing
& at.Name )
  getAttachments = getAttachments & "<a href=""/attachments/" &_
  at.Name &""">" & at.Name & "(" & at.Size & " bytes)" &_
  "</a>" & separator
  Next
End Function
--------------

And the error that I get when I access the site is:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

//global.asa, line 62
Function getAttachments()
^

Anyone know what I should do to make this work? Thanks!

Christian
www.photokyo.com